When a New Abraham-Hicks 2.0 Came to Town
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
By David Stone
After Jerry Hicks died, a few months of fumbling for direction followed before the platform was aggressively reinvented. Abraham-Hicks 2.0 takes a look at the changes.
In an earlier article, we asked: Does Jerry Hicks Death From Cancer Mean The End Of Abraham-Hicks?
It should have, but it didn’t. Reality won out over the wish, although in a diminished and less charismatic way. The renewed Esther is flashier than the one lead around by Jerry, but the original was one of a kind, impossible to duplicate. A transition from the first Abraham took place once already: when money and fame came rolling in.
During that transition, a member of the party travelling with her from workshop to workshop got a call from Esther late at night after a session.
“They gave me a standing ovation,” she cooed proudly. So, Abraham, the first star of the show, was already shoved aside in 2005.
Esther and Jerry Hicks shared the news of Jerry’s illness in the spring of 2011. It seems likely that he was ill longer than they admitted. Jerry, a small man, had already lost 15 pounds before starting chemotherapy. Jerry’s illness accelerated the transition.
Reformatting for Abraham-Hicks 2.0
With her husband sidelined, no longer warming up workshop crowds and with support for Abraham-Hicks workshops dwindling, Esther began taking liberties, discarding her decades old barefoot country preacher getup for a flashy new set of clothes.
The clothes aren’t astonishing in a normal context but for the previously dowdy, sexless Esther Hicks, they were. With the brains of the works gone, Abraham/Esther soon showed that she’d never been the smart one.
Adding to a list of already questionable “insights,” Esther explained to an anxious mother that she should not worry about her son’s unwillingness to share toys. She compared the brat to Jesus who, according to Esther, did not waste time worrying about other people’s “toylessness.” What Jesus was she talking about?
That was terrible. But then, she topped it. She rebuked the same mother for stopping her son from kicking their cat. The cat, Esther bluntly explained, was teaching the child. I’m not making this up.
Later, in a strange riff, Esther had Abraham spouting the virtues of copyright protections. Followers had copied her online workshops and shared them over the internet. This disrupted the flow of
The Abraham-Hicks Publishing operation filed a lawsuit, something Abraham-Hicks 1.0 said was never a good idea. But Esther beat even that.
Abraham-Hicks 2.0 In Full Bloom
The skeptic behind Kyra Speaks predicted Esther would come up with something “adorable” to mark Jerry Hicks death. But it still surprised when, in her first time back on stage, she channeled him. Jerry returned as a merry quipster in the middle of the spiritual preaching by Abraham.
In twenty-five years of workshop appearances, Esther always claimed that the one-hundred “nonphysical entities” that made up Abraham spoke in a single voice. She translated blocks of thoughts received in trance. Never had a single entity, not even Jesus who she claimed was one of them, spoken independently. Then, Jerry did.
And not only that, he treated Esther and her audience to a witty comment, after which she announced, “That was Jerry.”
True, she’d alerted attendees that Jerry just might appear, but here, Abraham-Hicks 2.0 got launched. There was no turning back. In following workshops, Esther stuffed Jerry back into silent mode, but she took a turn toward cult development…
Here is an unforgettable quote, posted on the Abe Forum:
Now, she speaks on behalf of God, Jesus and Buddha…? How do you top that?
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Who is Esther Hicks and Is She Alive Now?Esther Hicks has been a spiritual teacher for decades, and she is most well-known for her work with Abraham. She is best known as the author of the book “Ask and It […]
- Esther Hicks fans love her, but the question is, Why?As decades of workshops, cruises and bestselling books show, many Esther Hicks fans love her. But what’s behind the unflinching adoration? Their devotion rivals religion, even as it excuses or overlooks major […]
- Selling Abraham-Hicks: How They Really Got RichAbout selling Abraham-Hicks… Excited by my first brush with Abraham-Hicks, pacing around that airport in Buffalo, waiting for my delayed flight, I searched for more when I was back in New York. […]
- Jerry Hicks, Cancer And Rolling Out A Painful TaleJerry Hicks’ Cancer Story: Chemotherapy, a Fire Ant Bite, and What Abraham Hicks Tried to Hide By David Stone On May 7th, 2011, Abraham-Hicks subscribers got an starling email alert: An Abraham LIVE event […]
- Can Paul Selig Really Be The Esther Hicks We Wanted?Is Paul Selig the Esther Hicks we wanted? The contrast are stark but most break between consistency (Selig) and contradiction (Hicks.)
Categories: Abraham Hicks Skeptic