Your life’s a popup, a one of a kind invention, a wrinkle in time. And what’s great is you can screw up, win, lose or draw and, then, do it again.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
By David Stone
When we get anchored on a single, limited point of view, we lose perspective about how great life is. By that, I mean all of your life, what’s before and what comes after.
About a year ago, I posted What happens when you die, but there’s a reverse worth thinking about.
The simple point is, a part of you fails. It falls apart, but the foundations remain, the ones we always had. Your life’s a popup, but your foundation is where you live, all the time, no dying allowed.
How your life’s a popup…
It’s all over ancient history, the idea of renewal, of reincarnating, and probably we knew all along. But like Henry Hill in The Music Man, we don’t know the territory. And we don’t see the forest for the trees, if you can tolerate the cliche.
We’re so focused on our physical world, we don’t see the essential universe powering it.
Nor should we.
We arrive in this place of unimaginable opportunity, fresh out of the warmth of Mom, with one intention.
And that is to experience the world in all its wonder, testing and shaping it as the physical projection of all of us and more. Where there’s consciousness, there’s creation in every second.
Your life’s a popup and a joy ride.
You make of it what you will…
Really look at it with a clear eye. Ask yourself, Who’s that overseer, that individual always watching you, taking it all in?
It’s you, and you know your life’s a popup, there for a one time spree.
Too often, we weight it down with judgment or worry, instead of learning and letting go. But anyway, the great thing is, you can’t get it wrong because there is no wrong. There’s just you and your romp through living the physical life.
You always get to do it again, flip it around, start over and do it backwards, sideways or standing still
You decide how to build and operate that popup.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Experience, Not Evolution, Gets You Up In The MorningExperience as a quest, not evolution, is the driving force in life. Not that evolution doesn’t happen. It does but it’s in service of expanding frontiers of experience. By David Stone Assorted […]
- Not just Billy Joel, everyone’s in a New York State of Mind. Listen.NYCNext corrals the best New York City voices, from rap to Broadway, across the spectrum, in a New York State of Mind… singing celebration of love. I’ve literally got nothing to add. […]
- Only in New York, il laboratorio del gelato, best in the universeIl laboratorio del gelato opened in 2002, but it’s hard to understand how New York City kept going before the perfect Italian ice cream stitched it all together. By David Stone Special […]
- NYC Things To Do Now, With or Without Kids: Little IslandLittle Island is a unique treat, a gift for York City from television mogul Barry Diller. Diller is putting in upwards of $350 million of his own money for building and maintaining […]
- Nothing says, “We’re back!” better than live jazz in the grass in Central Park, NYCFor New York City’s first weekend after reopening, free jazz on the grass in Central Park told the whole story. That is, we’re back and moving ahead. Also from Assorted Ideas, Large […]
Categories: Wonderful World