Christmas in New York in 2021 was more of the wet than white style. Showers rinsed gritty streets and office towers until noon, but then, with temperatures nearing 50, you could believe you were somewhere else.
By David Stone
Pictures of New York, Christmas 2021
In Carl Schurz Park at 2:00, blue skies followed the showers.
But for a serious contrast, the scene in Hell Gate looked as out of season as any Christmas in Memory…
Where the confluence of Harlem and East Rivers met the tides from Long Island Sound, once creating ship-sinking cross currents, it was just peaceful.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- 35 Ways to Find Inner Peace, Starting TodayIt’s hard to find inner peace in our fast-paced world. Here are some suggestions for finding and holding onto your inner peace. by David Stone Assorted Ideas, Large & Small 1) Understand […]
- How to keep your cat entertained, active and contentWhen cats were first domesticated they had one central mission – keeping the rat population down. But, these days, cats make great pets for other reasons, although they can still chase rodents. […]
- Winter Optimism on the Upper East SideThe temperature was in the mid-30s, and rain was changing to snow. But optimism reigned in New York City on the Upper East Side. But it wasn’t clear if customers were in […]
- What cats are hypoallergenic and how to deal with allergiesWondering if there’s a cat out there that won’t make you sneeze? Check out this article for a list of hypoallergenic cats. Hypoallergenic Cats…? by David Stone Assorted Ideas, Large & Small […]
- America Would Never Do That. Or why you need to know about Operation NorthwoodsAmericans are very confident that they would know if their government fakes “terrorist attacks” and uses them in arguing for war. But Operation Northwoods tells us how wrong we can be. Fortunately, […]
Categories: New York City