Latest Local News & Events for Roosevelt Island
Roosevelt Island News is written for a small town settled in the heart of the America’s greatest city. Built on a two-mile long strip of Manhattan schist, this New York City neighborhood in the East River is as distinctive as any, and our need for reliable local information is similarly unique.
It’s Tuesday, November 19th, 2019
Laura Hussey’s Portraits of Friends opens at The Octagon
Roosevelt Island News: Featured Reads
SPONSORED, for you…
More Roosevelt Island News
- 11/19/2019 – 10:40MST&DA’s Musical Holiday 2019 comes into focus. “Looks like our Christmas Carol cast will be in costume caroling by the […]
- 11/19/2019 – 09:27
- 11/19/2019 – 00:20
- 11/18/2019 – 10:03Time, a RIVAA Members Exhibit, opened Saturday at the 527 Main Street Gallery. Art from students at The Child School added nicely […]
- 11/17/2019 – 10:40A year ago, the Visiting Nurse Service and the Carter Burden Network teamed up on a comprehensive survey to […]
The Fine Art Shop @ Assorted Ideas treats images as equal to all other ways of expressing thought. Expand with creative, visual perception. We think in pictures, when we want. Variations don’t change the fact that we all share everything.
Planned as a City of Tomorrow, Roosevelt Island was born of ideals and rose from the ashes of a city in ruins. Race riots and crime defined too much of a graffiti-scarred town.
Months before, a Daily News headline, Ford to City: Drop Dead, marked the pit of New York’s free fall.
There was nowhere to go but up, and one of first steps out of the urban cellar was Roosevelt Island.
Roosevelt Island News for a one-of-a-kind neighborhood…
Keeping to our ideals is a greater struggle now than ever before. A neighborhood built on economic diversity battles gentrification. New market rate housing threatens to topple unity.
Balance between ideals and reality is hard to find, and political power is held by invisible string pullers in Albany.
We started the Roosevelt Island Daily as an independent source for news and opinion. Now, we take it a step farther.
Roosevelt Island News @ Assorted Ideas mixes local stories into a wider framework. We hope you enjoy the variety and range you find here..
Learn about Roosevelt Island…
- The Queensboro Bridge / Greater Astoria and Roosevelt Island Historical Societies
- Roosevelt Island (Images of America) / Roosevelt Island Historical Society
- Damnation Island / Stacy Horn
Popular Posts: Assorted Ideas
- MST&DA’s Musical Holiday 2019MST&DA's Musical Holiday 2019 comes into focus. "Looks like our Christmas Carol cast will be in costume caroling by the subway," Main Street Theatre & Dance Alliance executive director Kristi Towey … Read more
- Time RIVAA Members ExhibitTime, a RIVAA Members Exhibit, opened Saturday at the 527 Main Street Gallery. Art from students at The Child School added nicely to the members' work. Take a look on us, … Read more
- Bicycle Riders At RiskBicycle riders at risk is a weekly theme in New York City where deaths increased dramatically, this year. Debates follow over who's at fault, reckless drivers or careless riders? But people … Read more
- Roosevelt Island Water Tunnel #3Roosevelt Island's critical role in New York City Water Tunnel #3 is not well-known. It's the largest capital construction project in City history, and we're in the middle. Last week, a … Read more
- Roosevelt Island Stop ‘N’ Swap SuccessRoosevelt Island Stop 'N' Swap, Saturday, November 8th, was a hit. Sponsor GrowNYC packed the Manhattan Park Theatre Club with eager recyclers. GrowNYC organizes Swap 'N' Shop events to encourage reuse … Read more