The Fine Art Shop @ Assorted Ideas treats images as equal to all other ways of expressing thought. Expand with creative, visual perception. We think in pictures, when we want. Variations don’t change the fact that we all share everything.
Roosevelt Island News is made for to a small town settled in the heart of the America’s greatest city. Built on a two-mile long strip of Manhattan schist, this New York City neighborhood in the East River is as unique as any, and our need for reliable local information is steady.
Latest Local News
More Roosevelt Island New…
Roosevelt Island Community Treasure: The Garden Club
The Roosevelt Island Garden Club’s secluded space on a tucked away island harbors an urban retreat impossible anywhere else. A gift from the state flourishes with well-kept plots and a near secret lily pond. More…
Current: Roosevelt Island Daily Updates
- 09/14/2019 – 08:55The weather looks great for Sunday. Don't miss out. Four don't miss things to do today. Read more
- 09/14/2019 – 08:37Bring all that paper you've been wanting to get rid of and do some good for the environment. Join your neighbors at the Shred-A-Thon today. Read more
- 09/13/2019 – 08:40The Urban Land Institute announced that the Cornell Tech campus on Roosevelt Island is one of eleven international winners of its Global Awards for Excellence. The "qualities that determined […]
- 09/13/2019 – 08:10RIOC punts on safety for residents and visitors. Recent incidents expose indifference, incompetence and failures in responsibility. Public safety is a core responsibility, but RIOC flunks the test. People compete with […]
- 09/11/2019 – 09:48Bogdan Matei at Gallery RIVAA, Roosevelt Island, Poses and Imaginary Objects, September 7th to October 6th, 2019. Read more
Planned as a City of Tomorrow, Roosevelt Island was born of ideals and rose from the ashes of a city in ruins. Race riots and crime defined too much of a graffiti-scarred town.
Months before, a Daily News headline, Ford to City: Drop Dead, marked the pit of New York’s free fall.
There was nowhere to go but up, and one of first steps out of the urban cellar was Roosevelt Island.
Roosevelt Island News for a one-of-a-kind neighborhood…
Keeping to our ideals is a greater struggle now than ever before. A neighborhood built on economic diversity battles gentrification. New market rate housing threatens to topple unity.
Balance between ideals and reality is hard to find, and political power is held by invisible string pullers in Albany.
We started the Roosevelt Island Daily as an independent source for news and opinion. Now, we take it a step farther.
Roosevelt Island News @ Assorted Ideas mixes local stories into a wider framework. We hope you enjoy the variety and range you find here..
Learn about Roosevelt Island…
- The Queensboro Bridge / Greater Astoria and Roosevelt Island Historical Societies
- Roosevelt Island (Images of America) / Roosevelt Island Historical Society
- Damnation Island / Stacy Horn
Popular Posts: Assorted Ideas
- Photoville NYC 2019 OpenPhotoville NYC 2019 is open as of yesterday, September 12th, in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The weather wasn't perfect, but the rest of the weekend should be fine for the show. https://vimeo.com/352550150 … Read More
- RIOC punts on safetyRIOC punts on safety for residents and visitors. Recent incidents expose indifference, incompetence and failures in responsibility. Public safety is a core responsibility, but RIOC flunks the test. People compete with … Read More
- Danny Simmons Alone Together, New PaintingsDanny Simmons Alone Together collects recent paintings by the abstract expressionist whose complex, subtle works defy an ebullient personality. Simmons is an artist worth discovering or rediscovering. It's up at the … Read More
- Bogdan Matei at Gallery RIVAABogdan Matei at Gallery RIVAA, Roosevelt Island, Poses and Imaginary Objects, September 7th to October 6th, 2019 Scene from "Poses and Imaginary Objects," Bogdan Matei at Gallery RIVAA, Roosevelt Island On … Read More
- PSD flunks on bikesPSD flunks on bikes and does so in spectacularly bad fashion. The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation's Public Safety Department takes a hands-off policy toward dangers caused by reckless biking. With bikes … Read More